Thursday, April 17, 2008

ahhh... sweet freedom


Last weekend Michael took me on a little getaway to Las Vegas to see Bon Jovi, one of my favorites. It was our first time to leave Eliza over night so I was a little nervous about it, well really nervous. How could I leave my baby for TWO WHOLE NIGHTS!?! I didn't want Michael to know I was dying inside when he had been so sweet to plan the whole weekend for me. I was heartbroken as my mom drove away with Eliza and as we walked through the airport, every time we passed a small child, I would tear up again. By the time we landed in Vegas I had pulled myself together and was determined to enjoy the one on one time with my husband we had been missing out on for the past 8 months...and I did. We had a great time, of course we thought about her and bought her treats, but we really enjoyed getting to just be adults. You know, staying out late without worrying about the babysitter and sleeping in, eating a whole meal without stopping to feed the baby, stuff like that. Yes, we did have a good time. The concert was great, Bon Jovi played a lot of their old stuff, which is really what everyone wants to here, right? Shot through the Heart, anyone? It was really fun. I mean, they better be good, they have been touring for what, 50 years? By the time we were getting on the plane to come home I was counting the minutes until I could hold my little girl again and when my dad pulled up to the airport without her I about lost it, but I made it through, really enjoyed myself and realized I could do it again maybe even for 3 days next time. As for Eliza, she did great. I'm not even sure that she missed us. Grandma and Grandpa spoiled her. I remembered how much fun I have hanging out with my Hubby and how nice it is to be an adult again, I hadn't even realized I had been missing it. For all you parents, I highly recommend getting away for a day or two. Moms you can make it, I did.

3 comments:

The Crandizzels said...

The first time I went away I was gone for 4 days! Across the country when he was only 2 months old. I about had a nervous breakdown! But it is great to get away. Joaquin spends the night at auntie Monica's all the time,but it is different when I am not just a short car ride away.
Any way hope you guys had a rad time!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

I am trying to decide whether or not we should leave Ansel with some friends in NY while we go away for our anniversary. I was thinking for a week, but I just don't know if I can do it. You inspire me.

theballroom said...

You can do it, a week is a long time especially for your first time. We left Friday morning and were home by Sunday morning and I was ready to see her again. Maybe leave him over night with your friends a couple times before you go so you know he is really comfortable there. It definitely made a difference knowing she was really comfortable with my parents and they are familiar with all her habits.