Monday, March 3, 2008

Bathing beauty

We have been taking Eliza to swimming lessons for about 6 weeks now at a new kids swimming center near our house, Silver Bear Swim School.  I know you are saying, "Really?  You are taking  your 6 month old baby to swimming lessons?", but, it has been so much fun.  Michael and I have both enjoyed swimming, we both did swim team in high school and we do a lot of camping and boating over the summer.  We thought it would be good to get her comfortable in the water before she had the chance to develop a fear of the water and she seems to enjoy it.  Michael and I have been taking turns getting in the pool with her.  It is really fun to get to do an activity with her.  I'm always secretly disappointed when it is Michael's turn to get in with her.  It is really amazing to watch her because she is already learning to kick and hold her breath.  Here are a couple of clips from a few weeks ago.

 



8 comments:

acoplen said...

Wow, she is really strong! I think she will be a great swimmer and has two coaches!

Julie said...

She is destined to be a great swimmer! I love seeing her slide under water, and not freak out like most babies would.

Michelle said...

Love the clips! That looks like so much fun!!!

Dallas Lange said...

That is so cute!! Gabe has hated the water pretty much from day 1 and still cries when we wash his hair. But Reese is a little water baby and I can't wait to take her swimming this summer.
Thanks for sharing the videos!
-K

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys are doing this. I have always wanted to have a water baby. It is good for babies to be exposed to this so early. I can't believe your cutie is six months already!

The Crandizzels said...

We are starting Joaquin over at Silver Bear on Monday night! I am so excited, I have been trying to get J to take him sice he was 6 months old, but you us mommies have to take the reigns! I figured since he loves baths and trys to swim in the tub he will be a natural!

theballroom said...

I wish you guys were doing Wednesday nights that would be so fun. You are going to love it. I had to sign up for the class too, but as soon as Michael watched a lesson he was ready to get out there with her. He leaves work early every Wednesday so he can come.

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome. Susie and I have talked about it, but this summer for sure we're dunking out kid.
He's been in the pool before, but I'm so impressed that her face was in the water.